- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped toasted almonds
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup salted light butter
- 4 Dark Chocolate bars 70% + (sugar free)
- Place the chopped almonds in a dish (ONLY use 1 cup)
- Melt the butter and brown sugar, until golden brown to create a toffee sauce
- Place the toffee mixture on the chopped almonds
- Place four chocolate bars on top of the hot toffee, Let them sit there for a minute to get all gooey and melted, then use the bottom of a spoon to spread the chocolate around. Spread all the way to the edges.
- Sprinkle more almonds on top. Press them in gently.
- You can either let the Almond Roca sit at room temperature overnight to set that chocolate completely, or you can refrigerate it until firm, or you can freeze it for about 20 minutes.
- Once the mixture is firm and set, loosen the sides of the pan with a knife and the Almond Roca should pop right out of the dish in one, big chunk. Break it apart gently with your hands, or set it on a cutting board and use a large knife to cut it.
Whenever you feel like a small treat grab a piece and keep the balance :)
Stay tuned for more!